Thursday, June 5, 2014

EVOLUTION

My hands, a tentacle, beliefs, and the cross.
Humidity is the rose that hangs from the eternal garden
as the pyramids create the theories of evolution.
We are sophisticated monkeys, they tell us,
scientists that know the answer to every question:
but they are monkeys, too, so why should we believe them?
Humidity is a sin, but water brings forth life,
so is the absence of sin also the absence of life?
My hands are tentacles: I have an uncontrollable desire
to touch everything around me, but I´m a monkey:
evolution has done a poor job with me.
I have beliefs, a monkey with beliefs,
and crosses  and pyramids intrigue me:
the geometry of religion.

There are no eternal gardens,
just theories about why disappear.


Ernesto G.
5 de junio de 2014



No comments: