Monday, August 18, 2008

A Hateful Love Litany

Este poema lo escribí hace unos veinte años. Es quizás el primero que escribí en inglés. Aquí se los dejo, para que lo disfruten o lo sufran.


Stay awake, virgin of the poisonous roses;
Stay alert, talk to the knights of envy
And frustration, to the dark corners of my life.

Dirty rotten virgin of the killing roses,
Be the road where my feet and legs crumble,
Be the cavern swallowing my destiny,
Be the edge banishing my illusions.

Give me your rust, let me drink it slowly,
So I have the worst hallucinations,
So I dream of monsters and witches,
So I speak the language of the devil.

Stay by my side, open your tender magnetic eyes,
Stain your face with your saliva,
Drown my naive lust in your filthy blood.

Stay awake, virgin of the poisonous roses, let me die with you
In the torturing silence of the night.

I've lost the world;
I've been left handless and hopeless and helpless.
I need a place to die and rest as a
Good citizen of despondency, my dear nation, my creator.

I've lost my flag, my dignity, my soul;
These are only words now,
meaningless, dry, lacerating.

Stay awake, virgin of the poisonous roses,
Be the merciless killer to free me from living.
Murder me, destroy this young body
That once had a glaring mind.
Now I'm only a configuration with no heart,
No feelings, no hopes, no love.

As physical as a rock, and as insensitive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice...saludos

elena